Swinford has been entered into Pride Of Place 2015
For the second year in a row, Swinford has been entered into this years Pride Of Place 2015. Swinford is representing Mayo again in category 4 of the Pride of Place competition, with a population of between 1,000 and 2,000 people. This years Judging took place on the evening of the official opening of the Spirit of Place installation, “The Procession Of The Souls” on Friday 10th July.
Pride Of Place Background
Pride of Place is an all-island competition which is directed towards recognising improvements by local communities to create civic pride in their area. The competition focus is on people coming together to shape, change and enjoy all that is good about their area. The competition is hosted by Co-operation Ireland under its Local Authority Programme in conjunction with the all-island Local Authority Steering Forum comprising officials from authorities in both parts of Ireland.
In Pride of Place, community groups have the unique opportunity to showcase specific pride initiatives which will have long-lasting and positive impacts on their society. Activities may include the development of community centres, the tackling of social exclusion issues, the establishment of residents associations or the provision of childcare facilities.
Follow our Twitter and Facebook pages where we will updates events live as they happen throughout the night. You will also be able to view the awards ceremony live online. We will add the streaming link here as soon as it is available. You will be able to view the live stream of the awards ceremony from Tracey’s Hotel in Ennis on the Pride Of Place website.
Key Dates 2015
- 29th May – Swinford nominated to represent Mayo in Pride of Place 2015.
- 10th July – Judging took place in Swinford at the “Procession Of The Souls” official opening.
- 4th September – Judging Season Concludes.
- 18th September – Final Judges’ Meeting.
- 14th November – Awards Ceremony in Treacy’s West County Hotel, Ennis Co Clare
Co-operation Ireland is the leading peace-building charity on the island of Ireland. It’s vision is to for a peaceful and stable island where people of all backgrounds live and work together for a better future. It’s mission is ‘to sustain peace by helping to build a shared and cohesive society’.
Latest posts by Michael (see all)
- 2019 Mayo Litter Action League May Results Swinford - June 19, 2019
- Swinford Annual Spring Clean 2019 - April 19, 2019
- Swinford 250 National Spring Clean - April 10, 2019