Mayo County Council have introduced a new litter prevention competition “Spring into Litter Action”. This is an opportunity for everyone in the community to come together and make a difference.
- Litter Prevention Initiative – 10% of the overall marks will be awarded to this element.
- Participation and reporting under the National Spring Clean – 15% of the overall marks will be awarded to this element.
- Litter Management & Prevention – 75% of the overall marks will be awarded to this element.
Once again the 2 main things that stand out are the lack of dog fouling being detected but also the amount of cigarette litter thats about.
|Street||Confectionery (sweet/crisp wrappers)||Plastic bottles||Plastic bags||Drink cans||Cigarette butts||Papers / Newspapers||Cardboard||Ice-cream wrappers||Chewing gum||Dog fouling||Broken glass||Leaves||Misc||Total|
|Count of rubbish||21||3||1||0||1||7||1||2||0||0||0||0||0||36|
|Cigarette litter outside pubs and cafes on main street|
|Approach roads have been clean and tidy on each visit|
Please download & print to display for the public, Thank You
Latest posts by Michael (see all)
- Household Hazardous Waste Drop Off Event 7th December - December 1, 2019
- Household Hazardous Waste Drop Off Event 2019 - November 26, 2019
- 2019 Mayo Litter League September Results Swinford - October 8, 2019