Mayo County Council have introduced a new litter prevention competition “Spring into Litter Action”. This is an opportunity for everyone in the community to come together and make a difference.
- Litter Prevention Initiative – 10% of the overall marks will be awarded to this element.
- Participation and reporting under the National Spring Clean – 15% of the overall marks will be awarded to this element.
- Litter Management & Prevention – 75% of the overall marks will be awarded to this element.
|Spring into Litter Action – Swinford – (June)|
|Street||Confectionery (sweet/crisp wrappers)||Plastic bottles||Plastic bags||Drink cans||Cigarette butts||Papers / Newspapers||Cardboard||Ice-cream wrappers||Chewing gum||Dog fouling||Broken glass||Leaves||Misc||Total|
|Count of rubbish||82|
|Misc 6 = cigarette boxes|
|Approach roads to town are well kept as is the side streets. The area of most concern would be Main Street from the Hospice shop down to the garage.|
|There was a significant amount of cigarette litter. It appeared to be connected to take aways on pubs on street. It may be worth asking the local businesses in that area to keep a close eye on it.|
Please download & print to display for the public, Thank You
Latest posts by Michael (see all)
- 2019 Annual Free WEEE Collection In Swinford - September 18, 2019
- 2019 Mayo Litter Action League July Results Swinford - August 15, 2019
- 2019 Mayo Litter Action League June Results - July 18, 2019